12 mayo, 2010

De 'Matadero 5' de Kurt Vonnegut #2


"Robert Kennedy, whose summer home is eight miles away from the home I live in all year round, was shot two nights ago. He died last night. So it goes.
Martin Luther King was shot a month ago. He died, too. So it goes.
And everyday my government gives me a count of corpses created by the military service in Vietnam. So it goes.
My father died many years ago now--of natural causes. So it goes. He was a sweet man. He was a gun nut, too. He left me his guns. They rust."

"Robert Kennedy, cuya casa de veraneo está a ocho millas de la casa en que vivo todo el año, le dispararon hace dos noches. Murió anoche. Así es la cosa.
Martin Luther King fue asesinado hace un mes. Así es la cosa.
Y todos los días mi gobierno me da el número de cadáveres creados por el servicio militar en Vietnam. Así es la cosa.
Mi padre murió hace muchos años --de causas naturales. Así es la cosa. Él era un hombre dulce. Además les fascinaban las armas. Me las dejó a mí. Se oxidan."

No hay comentarios.: